- Stay connected. Get notified when new items are published
- Subscribe to this category
The site is located in the crossroad of two important streets of the Ensanche, designed in 1862. The restrictive city rules compel to repeat the shape of the neighbouring walls, reducing penthouses according to a curved directive, chamfering the corner and building a tower on it.
Located at the UNESCO World Heritage Site between the Albert Dock and the Pier Head, and next to a row of prominent historic buildings dubbed ‘The Three Graces’ the museum building is conceived as inclined or elevated platforms, gradually forming a sculptural structure.
The architectural project of this photography studio, specialized in food photos, emerged from an internal competition held at StudioMK27. The team was divided into 3 groups that worked on the development of different ideas for one day.
Oki Sato aka Nendo was born in Toronto, Canada in 1977. He studied Architecture at the Waseda University in Tokyo and on graduating in 2002, he established "Nendo" office in Tokyo. In 2005 he established the "Nendo" Milan office.
What is being sought with this studio is quite simple: work under the trees. To do so, we need a roof that is as transparent as possible. Also, at the same time, we need to isolate the desk zone from direct sunlight.
The site is in the centre of Akita City where urban functions are situated. Despite its urban location, this is a special place as it is surrounded by car parks. Considering that the space is exposed to public eyes in all four directions, it is essential to sustain the elements of privacy ...
Sharing the unlimited possibilities of glass is both the vision and the true value of the Shanghai Museum of Glass. After exploring dozens of museums around the world, the Museum’s founding committee invited...
A one bedroom vacation house, designed by architect, Dimitris Rizos and interior designer Marilena Rizou, for a big family who owns more than one summer houses on the island. A place of tranquility and relaxation for two which can at the same time host a great dinner party for the whole family and friends.
The Felix Nussbaum Haus originally designed by Daniel Libeskind, completed in the summer of 1998, was his first completed project. The new extension also designed by Libeskind opened in May 2011 and provides an entrance hall with museum shop as well as learning center.
The monumental white building on Amsterdam’s Da Costakade was originally constructed in 1901 as a storage space for a wine company, before being converted into a parish in 1932 named De Liefde (‘The Love’).